Retinoids, glycolics, vitamin A and C serums for at least two weeks prior.
Drinking alcohol, caffeine, taking iboprofen or any blood thinning medication or supplements such as fish oil at least 24 hours prior.
Any treatments such as lasers, peels, waxing, botox etc., should take place 3 weeks prior.
Skin should be healthy and non irritated, blemish and sunburn free for best results.
If you would like your artist to use as much hair as possible, you may let your brows grow until your microblading appointment. Your artist will pluck any stray hairs that you want to remove after the mapping of your new brows.
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES FOR THE BEST RESULTS:
NO MOISTURE! NO WATER! NO SWEAT! NO SUN! For 10 days.
The best results come from the “Dry Healing” method. The absolute best results come from keeping your brows extremely DRY for the next 10 days! Keeping them dry makes them retain more detail, better color, and more crisp strokes.
Following morning after the procedure wash your brows with distilled water and gauze pad. And that’s it for the next 10 days!
- You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting water spraying directly in your face for two weeks. Any harsh soaps or shampoos coming into the contact with your newly microbladed brows can be detrimental to the pigment bonding process.
- You will want to limit the time you spend in the shower for the first 10 days. Avoid using very hot water and creating steam, the goal is not to get any unwanted moisture on the face.
- To wash your face use a washcloth or disposable cleansing wipe to wash AROUND the brows, making sure they stay dry.
- If your skin starts to feel tight and dry around day 5 post treatment, you can use a small amount of * Coconut Oil * (or a fragrance-free moisturizer, such as Cetaphil) ONLY IF NEEDED, gently moisturize the area once a day. Wash your hands thoroughly before touching tattooed area. Use a very small amount, do not over saturate the brows.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. This is just new skin forming. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 10 days. Cosmetics of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing.
- DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure.
- DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv, etc.) or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
- DO NOT use anti-aging products or facial products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids
- DO NOT thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
- NO heavy exercising or sweating for at least 10 days post procedure. If you want the best color and detail retention, this is crucial. Heavy sweating will cause the hair strokes to blur and details to be lost.
- NO Sun exposure, swimming pools, jacuzzis, saunas or other bodies of water for two weeks.
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color, more sharply defined or even have a more filled in appearance. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like a sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort and minimal redness.
- During the initial healing period, there may be scabbing, flaking or peeling of the skin. If that happens, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own. This is very important! If scabs come off prematurely, the pigment will come out with it!
- The complete healing process takes about 4-6 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating.
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you may apply sunscreen on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area throughly when in contact with chlorine.
- Glycolic acid, retinols, AHA’s, anti-aging lotions and serums, microdermabrasion, chemical face peels and laser treatments must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten or discolor the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 6-8 weeks later. It takes about 4 weeks for the brow area’s skin cells to completely regenerate.
- There are no implied or written guarantees if you do not take care of your tattoo, and everyone will heal a little differently.
Your answer is “yes” to any of the following :
Eczema or psoriasis on the area to be treated
Pregnant or Nursing
Under the age of 18
Have a pacemaker
Highly prone to scarring or keloids, or you have healing disorders
Allergies to Lidocaine or Epinephrine
Using ACCUTANE or have used it within the past year
WHY TWO SESSIONS?
*1st Appointment – “FOUNDATION SESSION” – Brow mapping and collaborating together on the perfect shape according to your facial features, desired thickness and desired ‘look’. Application of a natural hair stoke pattern. Strokes are applied by hand with a single use disposable tool and the area is numbed for minimal pain. Brows are quite dark for the first week and soften as they heal over the next month. Everyone’s skin is different, some people will retain a lot of color, others will heal very light or patchy. This appointment is not meant to heal perfectly. This appointment takes approx. 2- 2.5 hours total
*2nd Appointment – “PERFECTING SESSION”- recommended 6-8 weeks later – to touch up any light spots, build additional texture, add hair strokes or tweak and perfect the shape. This session usually takes approx 1-1.5 hours.
Some people may need more than two sessions to achieve their desired brow, due to stubborn skin, improper aftercare, scarring from tweezing etc.